I am trained Hypnobirthing practitioner with Marie Mongan method which is the original and longest running community dedicated to using hypnosis in childbirth.
I am a passionate advocate of ushering an empowered way of birthing in to a woman’s life. I believe it is our birthright as a woman to feel that you can birth your baby naturally.
I teach the Hypnobirthing method in group courses and private courses. See here for latest courses
What is HypnoBirthing™?
Hypnobrithing was founded in the United States in early 1989 by Marie Mongan it is a complete birth education programme, that teaches simple but specific self hypnosis, relaxation and breathing techniques for a better birth.
HypnoBirthing™is a tried and proven method that guides and prepares a woman in giving birth in a peaceful and extraordinarily beautiful manner.
It is a program a that considers the psychological, as well as the physical, well-being of the mother, her birth partner, and the newborn, independent of context, whether that be in the quiet of a home, a hospital, or a birth center.
The main elements are:
The HypnoBirthing™ program is built around an educational process that includes special breathing, relaxation, visualization, meditative practice, attention to nutrition and positive body toning. Most importantly it fosters an air of mutual respect for the birthing family, as well as the health-care provider in a traditional health-care system or an alternative setting.
Hypnobirthing is more than just self hypnosis or hypnotherapy for childbirth.
With Hypnobirthing, you’ll discover that severe pain does not have to be a part of your birthing journey
You will learn techniques to release the fears and anxieties you may currently have about giving birth, and how to overcome previous traumatic births.
Hypnobirthing lets you discover and experience the joy without the clouding of horror stories that
people are so keen to tell you!
You will learn how to put yourself back in control of your birth – rather than blindly turning your birthing experience over to your doctor or midwife.
Hypnobirthing doesn’t mean you’ll be in a trance or a sleep. Rather, you’ll be able to chat, and be and in good spirits – totally relaxed, but fully in control. You’ll always be aware of what is happening around you and within you.
Hypnobirthing doesn’t require any particular belief system, or prior experience. Some of our mums (and especially their husbands!) have been very sceptical at first – until they experience it for themselves.
In fact, the more sceptical they are to start with, the more evangelical they are when they discover the power of Hypnobirthing.
Hypnobirthing allows you to experience birth in an atmosphere of calm relaxation, free of the fear and tension that prevents the birthing muscles of your body from functioning as Nature intended them to.
"Kerry created a special nurturing space for us to learn the hypnobirthing, being pregnant can be an overwhelming time, she really guided us through step by step.
My birth was an incredible experience thanks to Kerry and my partner. The hynobirthing really helped me to have the birth I'd dreamed of."
The Benefits of HypnoBirthing™
Here are some of the things you'll learn that are not covered in most other HypnoBirthing antenatal classes:
- Breathing techniques that actually help the birth (and it's not the panting that most people think they have to do. Think about it - why would anyone want to hyperventilate during labour?)
- How to massively reduce the need for any medication at all
- How to reduce your risk of needing an episiotomy during birth with a stunningly simple massage technique
- How to be confident and informed when dealing with the medical staff - when to question, what to ask...and when it's time to let them take charge
- How to release any fears you might have about childbirth...regardless of where they come from
- How to bring about your own easy start of labour with these simple, natural techniques, if you go beyond your "estimated due date"
- Most importantly, you'll know how to relax and stay calm and in control - regardless of what's happening around you
Additional benefits that have been reported by mums include:
- Considerably shorter labour and birthing
- Significantly fewer surgical births
- High number of comfortable, natural births with no technological assistance
- A high rate of success in assisting breech-presented babies to turn into appropriate birthing position with the use of posture and hypnosis (in a study done at the University of Vermont of 100 women at 37 to 40 weeks, there was a 81% success rate with hypnosis)
- Highly energized mums in good spirits following births that are calm and gentle
- You'll learn the techniques once for this birth, but then you can then use them again and again, no matter how many children you have
- HypnoBirthing techniques work very effectively with home births, water births, hospital births, birthing centres...whatever. It's your choice what kind of birth to have - HypnoBirthing helps them all.
- You can use the techniques to help calm and relax yourself any time you feel stressed out...(we've had many couples tell us this alone has been invaluable!)